San Marcos, CA, residents are lucky to have Dr. Mark available for any chiropractic concerns, including neck pain. With over 39 years of experience treating over 12000 patients, Dr. Mark’s expertise is unmatched. Our team works to help patients regain their zest for life with meaningful chiropractic interventions suitable to their unique needs.
Diagnosing Neck Pain & Headaches
The neck or cervical spine is an area that consists of a network of bones, joints, muscles, and nerves, all functioning harmoniously as part of the overall musculoskeletal system. The neck is there to provide support and mobility to the head, but unfortunately, neck pain is prevalent in many of the patients that we see because it is a delicate area that can easily sustain damage to one or more of its parts.
Diagnosing neck pain to establish the underlying cause can be tricky, but it may be linked to one or more of the following:
- Mechanical function or injuries that are either sport, work, or lifestyle related
- Poor posture
- Strains and sprains to the muscles, including inflammation
- Nerve-related irritation and irregularities
- Aging and degeneration
- Undiagnosed underlying diseases or conditions
Neck pain is also usually divided into three distinct categories. These are:
- Acute neck pain – sudden onset neck pain for a short period
- Sub-acute neck pain – sudden onset neck pain that comes and goes over a more extended period of time
- Chronic neck pain – long-term neck pain that may signal an underlying disease or condition that needs treating
Dr. Mark, serving San Marcos, CA, will take a look at you thoroughly before recommending a course of treatment. Depending on your assessment results, you can expect to receive chiropractic adjustments to provide immediate relief to any pain you may be experiencing.
Neck Pain and Chiropractic
Chiropractic is an excellent way to treat the neck pain you may be experiencing, and we may recommend one or more of the following treatments to alleviate your symptoms and treat your condition:
- Spinal decompression
- Chiropractic adjustments and manipulations
- Electrical muscle stimulation
- Chiropractic massage
- Therapeutic exercise
Chiropractic is a hands-on therapy that uses a holistic approach to treat more than just your symptoms. Chiropractic can also provide preventative care by improving your overall health and supporting your immune system to prevent illness and injury later.
If you are experiencing neck pain or other general chiropractic conditions in San Marcos, CA, and need help getting back to the business of living life to the fullest, please get in touch with Dr. Mark and his team today by calling 760 410 2373 today to book your appointment.